Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Little of This...A Little of That










Well, we have been laying low and enjoying the Advent season. It's hard to believe that tomorrow is Christmas eve! I bought myself an early Christmas gift, a photo app that gives me numerous options to edit my photos. I used it on all the photos posted above. I have been spending quite a bit of time using it and it was only $2.00! Such a bargain! Some of the photos I have posted before, but are just a little bit different. 

I am so excited for Christmas eve with our family. I will be making several new recipes: crab chowder, chili lime shrimp cups, bacon roll-up crescents, and baked brie with figs. None of those dishes are very nutritional, but we have to allow ourselves some Christmas luxury, right?! 

We wish all our readers a very Merry Christmas and a many, many blessings in the New Year!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Jessica,

I'm still alive and reading your blog!!! Sorry for not commenting for a very long time. I don't manage my time very well and when I find the time to comment, you've added a new post. I have been visiting daily and reading. So I figured I better post right now before I find myself too busy with other things. I love, love, love all your posts and the photos of kids. The photo of you kissing Ella with the "twinkly" hearts in this post is gorgeous. You guys have been very busy and enjoying life I see! Nicholas is such a big boy now. I love to see him thriving and Ella flourishing. You have a beautiful family! It seems that you don't get any snow out there--not fair. It's -22 C (-7 F) right now, and it's really cold!

I continue to pray for Nicholas and for a cure for SMA. I watched the Giving Awards the other night (you brought my attention to that--I wasn't aware of it) and was hoping the GSF would win. Although they didn't win, they at least made their presence known to millions! This is very positive! Yey!

Your Christmas card is beautiful! I love the photography!

Have a very blessed and merry Christmas!

Love and hugs XOXOX

Paula

Jessica said...

Paula, it's lovely to hear from you!! I can't believe how cold it is there. Brrrr! We might get some snow for Christmas this year if the temperature would drop a few degrees. The last time we got a lot of snow was December 2008 when Nicholas was just a baby.

Thanks for reading!! I absolutely love to hear from you! Merry Christmas to you and your family.