Saturday, December 15, 2012

This Week's Recap

 Nicholas is back to baseline and feeling just great again. He is happy, smiling, talking, and laughing up a storm! Both kids are itching to get out of the house, though, since they've been cooped up for weeks. So, in order to avoid people (who carry cold/flu germs) but get the kids out, we plan to load them up in our vehicle and drive round looking at Christmas lights tonight. I know they will both love it!

 Now that I have finished decorating, buying, and wrapping for Christmas, I spend most evenings by our fireplace admiring this lovely sight. White twinkle lights really do make everything that much prettier!
This is our silly girl wearing mommy's boots. I like to call her "Ella in Boots" since she reminds me of Puss with the mile-high boots up to her thigh. 

Last night Jeff & I enjoyed a night out for his company Christmas party. We drove into the city and enjoyed great food, nice conversation, and a couple of adult beverages. 

Yesterday afternoon I was shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the horrible school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. Honestly, I cannot imagine the horror and panic those primary school children, teachers, and staff went through. It's an unthinkable occurrence and my heart breaks for those families who will be burying their children this week. May God's grace and love shine upon them and give them strength and healing as they grieve their devastating losses. We lit candles last night as a small tribute to those children and teachers who now reside in Heaven.


0 comments: