Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Red & Pretty





We are finally getting to some of those minor home renovations that we have been talking about for, well, years. Last weekend I purchased some curtains for our sliding glass door which leads to the backyard and Jeff hung them up yesterday afternoon. I think they look so pretty! They are a significant improvement from the old white vertical blinds that have been there since we moved in!

More renovation photos to come...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So lovely Jess!!! It makes that room so warm. Can't wait to share a meal with u there!

Zak and Allysia said...

Great curtains!! I wanted to answer your questions about food storage. First, LDS Church leaders have for years been telling members to gather a food storage of at least a years worth. There are many reasons why a food storage is a good idea...I think a lot of people are blogging about it lately because of the condition of the economy and a feeling that we should prepare our families for whatever may come. Also, job loss, major disasters of any kind, family illness or other things that could possibly arise within a family, or community that would jeopardize the ability to provide for ones family makes food storage a very good idea. I knew a girl in college who came from a very large family...her dad had to have some sort of surgery, the company he worked for thought his recovery was taking too long so he was replaced. He was out of work recovering then looking for new work situations then finally accepting minimum wage jobs that couldn't possibly provide enough for their family if they hadn't had a food storage...They lived off of their one year food storage for a year and a half before an opportunity arose. Having a years food supply kept them out of the welfare system and enabled them to provide for themselves despite their unfortunate circumstances. All around, a good idea. Also important would be to have set aside several months worth of cash reserves.

stonefamily said...

Jess,

I look at your posts often and LOVE them! I need to do a better job of updating ours! It's been so difficult to maintain! I love your backgrounds by the way! How do you get all those colors and add your own pictures? I love it!

stonefamily said...

It's driving me crazy! I can't figure out how to change the font color as well as center my writing and pictures!

Lisa Christine said...

Love it! We have lots of red accents in our home too....and I think it is a strong {yet cozy} color.