Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kitchen Renovation

Before


In the middle








After
Over the past five days Jeff and I have been working on our do-it-yourself kitchen renovation. Our home was built in 1972 and the kitchen cabinets, range hood, and light over the sink had not been updated since that era. With tax return money in hand, Jeff and I decided to cut costs and "go green" by painting our kitchen cabinets instead of buying new ones. It was a tedious process of sanding, priming, and painting each cabinet, drawer, and all of the bases. We are so pleased with the results! The kitchen feels more open and airy now. We still have a few things to finish...but it's a huge improvement from our old, dark '70s style kitchen!

3 comments:

Themorrisbunch said...

Ooh! Very pretty! We have oak cabinets in our kitchen, and I have been bugging Timothy to paint as you did. He's very hesitant, mostly about the "tedious" part of it!
Looks great!

Anonymous said...

The kitchen looks great!! You guys did a good job!! :)

Stevens1007 said...

I've done that before & I know how much work it is! It turned out really nice!