Mommy and Daddy love you, Nicholas!
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Today Nicholas is 16 months! Jeff adjusted his stander so he stands fully upright and he is loving it! It has complete head control and can reach and play with the toys on his tray much better than before when he was at an incline. We are amazed by how much he is moving lately. He is wiggling his body, swaying his legs from side-to-side, and reaching a grabbing for things all the time. We are thrilled that he is demonstrating a lot of independent movement.
Jeff's Aunt Stacy bought these squishy, squeaky blocks for him and he loves them! We stack them up on his tray and he pushes them off one by one. He spent an hour doing that last night and nearly two hours pushing them off today.
I made tacos for dinner and Nicholas had his first "olive finger" experience. I put four olives on his fingers and he enjoyed biting each one off. Although, he must not have really liked the taste of them because he kept spitting each one out.

Mommy and Daddy love you, Nicholas!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
16 Months-Old
Mommy and Daddy love you, Nicholas!
Donate to Nicholas' Memorial Fund
Information about Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
Click HERE to learn about Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
About Me
- Jessica
- Washington, United States
- We are the Gustafsons: Daddy Jeff, Mommy Jessica, Big Brother Nicholas and Little Sister Elizabeth. We started our blog in 2008 when our son was born as a way to document our life. Jeff and I feel so blessed to be parents to two amazing kids. Our oldest, Nicholas, was diagnosed with a terminal condition called Spinal Muscular Atrophy. We are praying for a cure for Nicholas and all children who suffer from this physically limiting diagnosis. We are also parents to a little girl who who brings us sunshine and laughter everyday. We treasure every moment with our sweet kiddos. Please let us know you visited our blog by leaving us comment. May God bless you today and always.
Popular Posts
-
Many people have been asking us questions about how Nicholas is doing and where he is in terms of SMA right now, so I thought I would share...
-
It is with profound sadness and utter disbelief that I write this blog entry... Nicholas, the light of our world and joy of our hearts, wa...
-
Nicholas Alan Gustafson May 20, 2008-February 28, 2015 Forever 6 years-old 6 years, 9 months, 1 week, and 4 days was the amount...
-
Yesterday I had to save my child's life. It was the most scary thing I have ever had to do. I am still numb with shock and can cry at th...
-
Oh, how I wish we lived somewhere over the rainbow and far away from the PICU. Nicholas has RSV and was taken to the hospital by ambulance ...
-
We have been going to Shriner's weekly this past month to give Nicholas more practice on the power chair . Since he will be turning two...
-
Any mother will tell you she worries about her children, but the worries of a mother who has a child with a terminal illness are profound . ...
-
Most of the time I'm fine. Most of the time I focus on all of the positive things in my life: our sweet son, my wonderful husband, amaz...
-
I cannot ignore it anymore. I have tried everyday for the past year and a half to ignore it-the fact that my child will most likely leave th...
-
On Thursday, January 21st, I took a test that would change our lives forever. I had been feeling more tired than usual, napping in the after...
Falling In Love
Our Wedding Day
Brother & Sister Love
Motherhood
Nicholas's Story
Click HERE to read Nicholas's story from birth to his diagnosis with SMA at 10 months-old.
All About Nicholas
sweet. easy-going. smiley. happy. fighter. playful. courageous. loving. joyful. amazing. gift. wise. strong. handsome. kind. brave. Heaven-sent.
Nicholas's Birthday
Nicholas at 1 Year
Nicholas at 2 Years
Nicholas at 3 Years
Nicholas at 4 Years
Nicholas at 5 Years
Nicholas at 6 Years
All About Ella
loving. cuddly. toddler. curious. explorer. walker. silly. happy. sleeper. blessing. fearless. adventurous. kisser. sassy. dancing queen. spirited.
Ity Bitty Baby Ella
Ella at 1 Year
Ella at 2 Years
Ella at 3 Years
Ella at 4 Years
Ella at 5 Years
Blog Archive
Followers
Friends
Other Kiddos With SMA
Blogs We Like To Read
Visitors
Translate
Powered by Blogger.


3 comments:
WOW! What a big boy! Micah has those same blocks and he loves them!
Happy 16 month birthday sweet Nicholas. Gwendolyn sends you big butterfly kisses :)
Happy Birthday Nicholas! Keep on movin!
Post a Comment