Thursday, September 3, 2009

Amazing!


We wanted to send a sincere THANK YOU to all of our family members, friends, and friends-of-friends who have made such generous donations in Nicholas's name for Unite for the Cure. To date we have raised $1,215 which is only $3, 785 away from our overall goal! What's even more amazing is that all this money was raised in only 2 weeks!
Thank you's go to: Valerie Helland, Teri McCrary, Jennifer Taylor, Charmaine Pettersen, Megan Larsen, Beverly Williams, Stephanie Hosszu, Gary & Robin Holman, Ruth Calderon, Mike Cruz, Teresa Shields, Lyndsey Yeomans, Elizabeth Brooks, Holly Jones, Tina Nguyen, Erin Collins, Matt & Jamie Kohler, Brandi Mahoney, Barbara Simon, & Sima Patel.

Also, today I visited a good friend of mine who owns a beauty salon in town and she is going to put together baskets of salon and local vendor goodies to raffle off with 100% of the proceeds going toward Unite for the Cure! She will take $1.00 donations for the raffle in the next 3 months. If you're interested in making a cheap donation and possibly winning some goodies, stop by Beauty Temptations in Washougal!

Don't forget about our Photography Fundraiser on Sunday, September 13th. To sign-up for a time slot contact Jenifer at jenifer@polkadotphotography.net

We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives!

1 comments:

Sapna said...

Hi Jessica! I'm SO sorry it took me so long to reply to you. Maya and I are in Kauai vacationing with my parents. I am so glad I am able to do this with Maya right now! Nicholas is so cute, too! I was actually looking at ya'lls blog a few weeks ago when we decided to fundraise. Your story with Nicholas is so similar to ours with Maya - we thought she had tethered cord, too. I wish we could go back to that and the ending was different, right? I really enjoy your blog. You are a great writer! I added your link to our blog if you don't mind :)Anyway, to answer your question, Maya is a Type 2. Her onset was at 6 months, but she wasn't diagnosed until 12.5 months. She continues to sit (for as long as a toddler's attention span will allow) - I've seen an hour lately. She lost alot from 8 to 12 months, but with the help of the VPA/Carnitine, I am happy to say she has regained some of her strength. Feel free to email me anytime at springle@kpmg.com. I love learning more from SMA families and sharing our new education. Good luck with the fundraising and your upcoming event! Sapna