Tonight the three of us spent a relaxing evening at home. Nicholas spent almost 2 hours of the evening in his stander playing with some puzzles. Nicholas's second cousin, Talon, gave us his old wooden puzzles over a year ago, and Nicholas is starting to really enjoy playing with them. We used his blue tray to prop the puzzle up and he grabbed the little wooden knobs and pulled the pieces out. He wasn't too interested in pulling them back, however, instead he liked throwing them on the floor for mommy or daddy to fetch. Tomorrow we will try the puzzles again at less of an incline to see if Nicholas can place the puzzle pieces back in position after removing them.
After Nicholas went to sleep, I worked on the 3rd draft of my research paper for my final class at Washington State University Vancouver. I will be so happy to graduate with my masters degree in education in December and be done writing research papers forever! Jeff watched some shows he recorded on our new DVR, which is a fabulous invention. I love fast-forwarding through commercials! Plus, I can never say there's nothing good on TV, because I usually always have something recorded, therefore, no more wasting time changing channels in search of "good" TV.
Jeff and I also googled the traditional gift for our second wedding anniversary and discovered it's cotton. Year one was paper and we were really creative in finding gifts for each other, so this year we are carrying on that tradition and buying a gift made from cotton. I am hoping for clothes (since I haven't shopped for myself in months) and told Jeff as much. I cannot believe we will be celebrating 2 years of wedded bliss on Wednesday! In some ways it seems as if it's flown by, and in other ways it seems as if we've been married for years (in a very good way). I am a lucky wife to have Jeff as my husband!


2 comments:
He looks like he tolerates his stander so well! Good for him! I hope the twins like theirs as much. I think our standers were just ordered last week.
And welcome to the world of DVR, eh? Every new parent should get one. Woo hoo!
So glad to see Nicholas enjoying those puzzles! You call them DVRs, we call them PVRs, whatever! They are fabulous for anyone with kids. My favorite part is fast forwarding all of the commercials or being able to pause live t.v. because one of the girls is calling.
Post a Comment