Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Love of Literature

We love reading in this house, and if you take a peek around, you will see books in almost every single room... our bedroom... the kitchen... living room... and four shelves in the family room (1) (2) (3)
(4)

In the last week I have been going through all of the boxes from my classroom, so now my children have LOTS of books to read as well...

Ella has books on the shelves in her room...
and a large amount of books in her closet.
Nicholas also has a bunch of books in his closet...
and more on his bookshelf

I also have two storage bins full of adolescent novels ready for Nicholas & Ella when they get older.

If I had to add them all up, I would say there are over a thousand books in this home.


One thing is for sure...there is definitely not a shortage of books in our house! One of my most favorite childhood memories was our mom reading to us every night before bed which is a tradition we follow with our children. There is nothing quite like cuddling up together and getting lost in a great story.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, we are the same way! We have SO many books they've spilled into every available space, even in the entertainment center! Read on:)

Paula said...

Wow! That sure is a lot of books!!!

Hanukkah said...

Passing on the value and appreciation for books is so important, especially for our kids' generation who will be growing up with many alternatives to books. I see people reading books on various types of electronic devices nowadays & it worries me that books will one day become obsolete.