Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Equipment Cart



Last weekend I went shopping for a cart to hold all of Nicholas' equipment that can easily roll anywhere in the house. First, I went to Costco and looked at the metal shelf carts that I know many other SMA families use for their kids' equipment. However, the only one our local Costco offered was a 6 shelf cart for nearly $100.00. I decided to keep looking and am glad I did because the next store I went to was WalMart and I found this cute Better Homes & Gardens rolling table on clearance for $37.50! I put it together myself in under 30 minutes. I really like the look of it and it goes with the rest of the furniture in his room. His cough assist fits perfectly on the bottom shelf and his Trilogy and pulse/ox fit on the top shelf. I also bought a wall hook to hang his water bag, which I think looks more aesthetically pleasing than a long medical pole. The only piece of equipment that doesn't fit on the cart is his suction, which is okay for us since the suction machine is light and easy to move from room to room anyway. I am so happy that I was able to find such a great cart for such a wonderful price!



2 comments:

Lora said...

Much cuter cart than ours! I love it. How do you set up the feeding pump though without a pole? I agree. I hate the pole. Takes up so much space too!

Jessica said...

His feeding pump is on a pole system...there is no way around that! So the feeding pump stuff is seperate from his little cart, too :)